Senior Corporate Accountant (Reporting & Consolidations) will carry out day-to-day corporate accounting matters, ensure accurate and timely financial reporting on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis, and help develop and automate processes and controls for the company. This is a full-time hybrid position based in Miami Office.
• Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close procedures, including account reconciliations, closing journal entries, and consolidated financial statements and supplemental financial packages
• Prepare period-over-period variance analyses and budget-to-actual comparisons
• Review monthly property financial statements, and liaise with third party property manager to resolve accounting matters
• Assist with year-end audit in providing audit samples/support and addressing audit inquiries
• Prepare debt covenants and other debt compliance reporting
• Prepare monthly & quarterly investor reporting
• Research technical accounting guidance as needed
• Ad-hoc reporting and corporate initiatives
• Bachelor of Accounting degree preferred. CPA and Big4 a strong plus.
• 3-5 years or more relevant work experience needed, including full cycle close.
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills
• Strong in both written and verbal communication
• Proficiency with Yardi preferred (or similar real estate specific property accounting software)
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
• Real estate accounting experience a strong plus (preferably residential real estate)
• Ability to read and understand residential leases and other legal contracts
• Excellent analytical skills required
• In-person work required for first 90 days, after which 1-2 days/week maximum remote work is available based on performance. Occasional travel required for Company-wide meetings.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Salary and bonus dependent on experience
• 401(k) plan including company match
• Medical (company funded), Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off and Company Holidays