This is a role that will carry out day-to-day property accounting matters, ensure accurate and timely financial reporting on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis, and work closely with Operations to produce reporting results.
• Bachelor of Accounting degree preferred.
• 3-5 years or more relevant work experience needed, including full cycle close.
• Excellent analytical skills required
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills
• Strong in both written and verbal communication
• Proficiency with Yardi preferred (or similar real estate specific property accounting software)
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
• Real estate accounting experience (preferably residential real estate)
• Ability to read and understand residential leases and other legal contracts
• In-person work required for first 90 days, after which 1-2 days/week maximum remote work is available based on performance. Occasional travel required for property visits and/or Company-wide meetings.
• Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close procedures, including account reconciliations, AR, AP and cash management review, closing journal entries, and property financial statements and supplemental financial packages
• Review third-party monthly property financial statements, and liaise with third-party property manager and internal operations team to resolve accounting matters
• Assist with transition of property management & accounting from third-party management to in-house management
• Prepare period-over-period variance analyses and budget-to-actual comparisons
• Research technical accounting guidance as needed
• Assist with year-end audit in providing audit samples/support and addressing audit inquiries
• Ad-hoc reporting and accounting initiatives
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary and bonus dependent on experience
• 401(k) plan including company match
• Medical (company funded), Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off and Company Holidays