The Accounts Payable Specialist is an important member of the Accounting Department that is primarily responsible for accurate and timely coding and recording of invoices as well as vendor record creation and maintenance. This position works primarily with the Accounts Payable Manager and Accounting Team.
• Associate’s degree in Accounting or business related field or 1-3 years equivalent work experience.
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills
• Strong in both written and verbal communication
• Experience with Yardi preferred (or similar real estate specific property accounting software)
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
• Excellent analytical skills required
• In-person work required for first 90 days, after which 1-2 days/week maximum remote work is available based on performance. Occasional travel required for Company-wide meetings.
• Reviews and processes invoices daily for various entities and vendors
• Ensuring invoices are coded properly
• Analyzing workflow processes
• Reviews Accounts Payable Aging Report periodically for unapplied credits and determine disposition of aged balances.
• Creating vendor records in Yardi and other programs
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
• Ensuring bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
• Responds to vendor inquiries in a timely manner
• Other ad hoc accounting projects and reports
Compensation & Benefits:
• Salary and bonus dependent on experience
• 401(k) plan including company match
• Medical (company funded), Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off and Company Holidays